Full Stack Software Engineer
We are hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer to work on our video streaming platform StreamShark.io.
StreamShark is a full-stack, end-to-end video streaming service trusted daily by high profile (Billion Dollar Brands, VIPs & Fortune 500) companies to flawlessly deliver their internal (confidential) Town Halls and All Hands meetings to employees. Built for repeatable streaming success, our platform is architected with unparalleled reliability and scalability, and can also deliver (white-labelled) large-scale live streams of confidential or public events as well as seamlessly syndicating to popular social destinations and VR headsets!
On the backend, you will integrate your front end work with technologies such as Java, REST, Wowza Engine, FFmpeg and Google App Engine to develop a high performance, fault tolerant and efficient live and on-demand streaming service.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing StreamShark.io through the full software development life-cycle, from requirement analysis to implementation.
- Directly interface with and support major enterprise clients globally to help ensure contractual obligations around service delivery, reliability, product enhancements and support are met.
- Working with the wider development team on testing, compatibility and performance of all customer and end-user interfaces across all target devices (desktop/mobile/VR) and supported browsers.
- Working with our Continuous Integration (CI) environment to ensure integrity of the system and expand user interface test coverage where needed.
- Working with optimising our existing architecture and removal of technical debt, identifying optimisation opportunities via consolidation, containerization or serverless approaches to drive efficiencies and reduce infrastructure costs.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Experience with APIs of common public cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud, with features such as Cloud Storage, CDN, DNS, Edge/Serverless Compute, Messaging/Queues etc.
- Experience with a modern version control Git, and developing/shipping software running on UNIX/linux operating systems.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI) experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey or share technical details internally with team members and externally with clients.
- Be able to work on a flexible daily schedule, including early starts when required.
- You are required to be an Australian Citizen, or Permanent Resident, or possess an appropriate Visa that grants permission to work legally in Australia.
- Understanding of live and on-demand streaming of video, and the associated software tools, video encoders and workflows. Video content creation experience and/or experience using video software/hardware would enhance your understanding and suitability for the role.
- Understanding how streaming media works on the internet, including protocols like HLS, DASH, RTMP.
- Understanding of network related knowledge such as CDN, cache, CORS, DNS, TCP and HTTP(S).
- Understanding of RESTful principles when creating Web Services.
- Understanding of web browsers and the implications of accessing web services (CORS etc).
- Experience with Google App Engine for Java.
- Experience in an ISP or Telco environment, specifically working with and developing billing, provisioning and customer maintenance applications.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems.
- Competitive base salary + super
- Employee share scheme
- Bonus pool based on team performance targets
- Monthly phone allowance
- Brand new Macbook Pro provided
StreamShark is the trusted video platform that helps the smartest enterprises scale their communication. Built on a foundation of security and redundancy at every stage, StreamShark offers an end-to-end live and on-demand video streaming service including remote management, engagement analytics and company branded video portals. IT, unified communications and marketing teams at companies with a global reach depend on StreamShark to deliver a reliable and high quality viewer experience.
Our specialty is streaming large, high profile events that simply cannot fail. From All Hands, AGMs, product announcements and everything in between – we are trusted with streaming the live events of some of the largest, high profile companies, brands and VIPs in the world. They depend on StreamShark’s expertise, and leverage our operator friendly workflows and redundant delivery infrastructure to give their audiences an exceptional viewing experience.
As the StreamShark team is small, you will gain experience in a range of areas you wouldn’t normally be exposed to and any work you do will be integral to the product.
We pride ourselves on being upon the bleeding edge of technology and keeping up with the latest in technical developments. This means you’ll get to experiment with a range of new technology, especially in the video encoding, consuming and virtual reality spaces.
We are a tight-knit and social team with most staff members being at the company for 5+ years.
Our office is based in a friendly co-working space located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD with a hybrid working model.
To apply for this position, email [email protected] with your resume/cover letter.