Getting Real is a biennial conference put on by International Documentary Association (IDA) to foster three days of documentary media discussion, with documentary filmmaker’s sustainability at the core of its discussion. Along with the theme of sustainability, the 2018 conference will see the themes of transparency and creativity being added to the discussion.
At the time of this episode, we are days away from the event (Sep 25-27) and we thought it might be a great time to check in with our friends over to IDA to see what was happening this year. We are were elated when Claire Aguilar, Director of Programming & Policy agreed to sit down this and tell us of all the special events happening at this year’s Getting Real.
- the continuing need to better understand sustainability and how it pertains to the doc filmmaker
- how & why IDA continues to be at the forefront of fostering networking & discussion to and with the doc community
- the addition of transparency and creativity to the Getting Real discussion
- a breakdown of all that is offered at this premiere three-day event for doc filmmakers
- while tix are sold-out for the event, you can still volunteer for Getting Real
Two episodes were mentioned in today’s programme. They were Episode #58 with IDA Exec Dir, Simon Kilmurry and Episode #51 with 2018 IDA Career Achievement Award recipient, Lourdes Portillo. Check out one or both!
Sponsors & Thank Yous
° ONE MONTH FREE OF GUIDEDOC!
Episode #89 is proudly brought to you GuideDoc, an online platform where you can not only watch the world’s best award-winning docs from around the globe, but you get to directly support the people who make these docs! 50 percent of proceeds goes directly to the filmmaker!
To take advantage of one month FREE, simply use the promo code MYDOCLIFE upon checkout!
° Free Music Archive – Special Thank You to recording artist, Dlay who supplied music for this week’s episode of TDL. You too can download his music or other artist’s music by going to Free Music Archive today!
Rate and Review
If you have found value in this podcast please leave a review so it can become more visible to others. Simply click the link and then click on the Ratings and Reviews tab to make your entry. Thank you for your support!